Katie Rich, who tweeted out an insult to Barron Trump, the 10 year old son of Donald and Melania. A source at SNL said she was suspended as soon as they found out about the tweet. Last Saturday, her name was absent from the credits.
A writer for “Saturday Night Live” has apologized for a tweet last week about Barron Trump, the 10-year-old son of President Donald Trump — a tweet that has sincebeen deleted.
On Friday, after the inauguration, Katie Rich, a Chicago native and Second City alum, tweeted that “Barron will be this country’s first home-school shooter.” The reaction on Twitter was swift and pointed: Minor children of the president are off-limits.
For much of the weekend, Rich’s Twitter account was de-activated. It was restored Monday afternoon and contained just a single tweet: “I sincerely apologize for the insensitive tweet. I deeply regret my actions & offensive words. It was inexcusable & I’m so sorry.”
Rich’s name was absent from the credits after Saturday’s broadcast. However, on NBC’s media website for journalists, Rich is still listed as a writer.
When contacted by the Tribune, “SNL” had no comment regarding the tweet nor Rich’s employment status. A person familiar with the situation said that Rich was suspended immediately after her tweet and the suspension is indefinite.
Rich also has not responded to an interview request.