As Edgar Allan Poe said, “believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” That is especially true when dealing with marketers who won’t hesitate to stretch and twist the truth to sell a product. Many times, it’s only those with a discerning eye that can spot the snake oil salesman but in the following cases, it’s comically obvious that things aren’t on the up and up.
1. If it’s gonna be “slightly imperfect”, the shit had better be on clearance.
2. If you’re going to lie, at least be consistent.
3. Here comes the lawsuit in 3…2…1
4. It’s a ‘secluded getaway’ they said…
5. Yet here we’ve reached the end, with Infinity Fence.
6. So what exactly does this store do?!
7. And the cute girls are where?
8. Or mercilessly torments when it won’t fall from the machine!
9. What happened to it being unsliced?
10. Those are the strangest looking hot dog buns I’ve ever seen.
11. When non-stick isn’t living up to its name.
12. If your strawberries look like this, I wouldn’t dare consume them.
13. Where’s our Big Mac?
14. Finally, we get to visit a ‘pure paradise’… under construction.
15. Downright blatant lies
16. Creative Photoshopping…