JUST IN: New Arrest Made In Deadly Charlotte Shooting

JUST IN: New Arrest Made In Deadly Charlotte Shooting

The chaos in Charlotte has resulted in multiple injuries, and unfortunately, deaths. Hopefully, justice is now being served.

Police say they have arrested a suspect in the deadly shooting of a protester during demonstrations in Charlotte over an officer’s killing of a black man, Justin Carr.

Charlotte Police Chief Kerr Putney said during a news conference that the suspect was arrested Friday morning. He provided few other details about the arrest or the suspect but said that video led investigators to the shooter.

The protester was shot Wednesday night during a violent night of protests in Charlotte. Officials have since implemented a curfew that runs from midnight-6 a.m. They also have called in state troopers and the National Guard in an effort to maintain order. After two nights of unrest, Putney says Thursday night’s protests were relatively peaceful.

RT.com reports:

Scott was killed outside Omni Hotel on Trade street where crowds were protesting the fatal police shooting of Keith Scott, who died on Tuesday. Police were trying to contain protesters using tear gas. Shots fired are heard on numerous videos from the site. There have been reports that Carr might have been shot by a police rubber bullet.

Reportedly, shots were being fired randomly and indiscriminately.

SHOTS FIRED! NC Gov Declares Emergency After Indiscriminate Violence, Gunshots

Gov. Pat McCrory said he would deploy the state National Guard and Highway Patrol to Charlotte, North Carolina’s largest city.

“We cannot tolerate violence. We cannot tolerate the destruction of property and will not tolerate the attacks against our police officers that is occurring right now,” McCrory told CNN on Wednesday night.

The protests continued to wage out of control.

Onlookers cheered as a masked man shattered a hotel window while another one hurled rocks through it. Others spray-painted “Black Lives Matter” on business windows and smashed car windows.

“I was right in the thick of it,” witness Zach Locke said. “People found whatever objects they could to break glasses. It was madness.”

Some stores were looted, including the Charlotte Hornets’ NBA store, local media reported.

Freelance photographer Marcus DiPaola told CNN he saw some people knock over an ATM and grab money from it.

Ryan James, a first-person witness to the civilian-on-civilian shooting that left one person in critical condition Wednesday night, describes seeing a man unleashing indiscriminate, senseless gunfire into the crowd.

Writing in The Daily Beast hours after the shooting, James reports:

Around 8:30 p.m., a civilian fired a pistol indiscriminately into a crowd of dozens outside the hotel, turned and ran, leaving a man laying on the ground in a pool of blood on the sidewalk. There was a loud pop, then panic and confusion. Standing about 10 yards away, I looked down the barrel of a pistol. Several people were screaming, saying someone was shot in the head and a crowd quickly formed around the victim, a black male. I thought to myself ‘oh my God, why?’ Breathing heavily, I called 911, pacing around in the street. I could be the person on life support. The bullet had whizzed past me. But here I was, still breathing, and reporting this tragic news unfolding in front of me.

He describes the shooter as a black male who ran away about five minutes before emergency crews arrived.


Previous New VIDEO Shows Terrorist Planting Bomb On Busy NY Street
Next DO NOT Miss the Trump -Vs- Clinton Debates: FULL SCHEDULE Here