A man has been charged with murder after he was accused of dousing his estranged wife and stepson with gasoline before setting them on fire. Police say 64-year-old Edgard Fuentes broke into his estranged wife’s home Thursday night and poured gasoline on her as she was sleeping. Her son, 32-year-old Eric Montes, ran to her bedroom after hearing her yell in surprise and got into a struggle with Fuentes. Unfortunately is he wasn’t able to stop him from lighting a match.
Fuentes was found later after he was spotted by other motorists at a rest station covered in severe burns and requiring medical attention.
I can honestly say I am happy he got what he gave.
Space Coast reports:
**UPDATE** BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA – Edgard Fuentes is in custody after a motorist spotted him at the rest station south of Malabar Road on I-95 in the red GMC, according to Palm Bay Police.
Fuentes suffered severe burns and was airlifted to the hospital.
BREVARD COUNTY • PALM BAY, FLORIDA – Palm Bay Police are searching for 64-year-old Edgard Fuentes who is wanted for an arrest warrant on charges of Attempted First Degree Murder, Attempted Felony Murder, Arson and Burglary.
The suspect is described as a hispanic man with grey facial hair.
According to Palm Bay Police, Fuentes was last seen driving a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali, Deep Red, with Florida tag 245TIR.
In a release by police, at around 12 a.m. Thursday morning near the 500 block of Ixora Avenue NW, Fuentes broke into his estranged wife’s home and poured gasoline on his wife while she was in bed.
The adult son of the victim, who was with his mother at the home at the time, heard her shout when she was awoken by her husband and tried to stop his step-father from lighting the fire, according to Lt. Mike Bandish of the Palm Bay Police Department.
Following a struggle, Fuentes was successful in igniting flames in the home that sent his wife and her son to the hospital.
Both are currently listed in critical condition.
Two other people in the home were also taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.