You can never be too careful. Modern day conveniences have made our life much simpler. But you have to be very careful when using your credit card. The latest scheme to steal not only your money but your information employs the use of what are called skimmers.
Ingenico, a credit card manufacturer, has a guide on how to detect a skimmer that may be lurking in their terminals (Ingenico iSC250). Scroll down to learn more. A skimming terminal will be much larger than normal (wider and longer).
Two men arrested in credit card skimmer investigation
Crooks using credit card skimming devices strike again
1. Use a prepaid card for your purchases
2. If you suspect fraudulent activity contact your bank immediately.
3. Read all your receipts after using your card.
4. Don’t ever let someone take your card – be there when they swipe it.
5. Set a cash withdrawal limit at your bank, so if someone does have your information, they can’t wipe out your accounts.
Stay safe out there! Spread this information around to your family and friends.