After weeks of attacks on the Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) in the left wing media, gun control groups and that same left wing media started pushing gun control activists to contact the deans of our board of academic advisors.
As far as I know, they haven’t been very successful in intimidating our academic board members, but it is still disturbing that they want to silence them.
It is no different than their unwillingness to debate in the hopes of keeping us off TV and radio.
In any case, this last week we have continued publishing pieces at places from Investor’s Business Daily, the Daily Caller, and the Memphis Commercial Appeal. I hope that within the next week I will be able to let you know about a survey that we have completed on the views of criminologists regarding guns and crime. We are also continuing to put together data on shooting by police as well as the shooting of police. However, those studies are more long term and we are aiming to finish them by the end of the year.
Unfortunately, Bloomberg and others are funding so many new gun control studies that it is becoming harder to keep up with the multiple studies that are coming out each week.
I hope that we can raise enough funds to hire a second full-time research assistant (about $45,000 to cover salary, taxes, health and other benefits) so that we can put the data necessary to evaluate the different claims.
- GUN CONTROL ORGANIZATIONS AND LEFT WING MEDIA TRY TO INTIMIDATE CPRC ACADEMIC BOARD OF ADVISORS
- CPRC AT THE DAILY CALLER: “11 YEAR OLD THWARTS HOME INVASION WITH A GUN, COPS CRITICIZE MOTHER”
- CPRC IN THE MEMPHIS COMMERCIAL APPEAL: AMERICANS ARE LEARNING THAT MORE GUNS MEAN LESS CRIME
- CPRC IN INVESTOR’S BUSINESS DAILY: “WAL-MART DECISION TO DROP AR-15 LEAVES POOR VULNERABLE”
- CPRC AT THE DAILY CALLER: “GUN CONTROL ADVOCATES WON’T LET ROANOKE JOURNALISTS’ MURDERS GO TO WASTE”
- IS USA TODAY CORRECT? IS IT REALLY TRUE THAT “RENEWED CALLS FOR GUN CONTROL LAWS SPUR SALES” THIS PAST AUGUST?
- CPRC ON SANDY RIOS’ NATIONAL RADIO SHOW TO DISCUSS POLICE SHOOTINGS AND WHAT MIGHT MOTIVATE THEM
- CPRC INTERVIEWED IN AMERICA’S FIRST FREEDOM ON PROBLEMS WITH SOME RECENT “PUBLIC HEALTH” RESEARCH
- CPRC ON MICHIGAN TALK NETWORK TO DISCUSS THE NEWEST PUSH FOR GUN CONTROL AFTER VIRGINIA SHOOTING
- CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT HOLDER WOUNDS ARMED TEENAGER WHO WAS TRYING TO ROB HIM, PERMIT HOLDER FEARED THAT HE WOULD BE SHOT
- 50-YEAR-OLD CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT HOLDER DEFENDS HIMSELF AGAINST TWO ARMED ROBBERS
About Crime Prevention Research Center:
The Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) is a research and education organization dedicated to conducting academic quality research on the relationship between laws regulating the ownership or use of guns, crime, and public safety; educating the public on the results of such research; and supporting other organizations, projects, and initiatives that are organized and operated for similar purposes. Visit: www.CrimePreventionResearchCenter.org